Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grandma is dead

My grandma died Friday morning. I was sad and still am. My boys and wife and everyone I know that knew my grandma is sad. But she was 89 years old and had in my opinion, been ready to go for awhile. She received the Anointing of the Sick and Communion the day before she passed. I think she decided it was time.

Her funeral was nice, some tears but not too many that I saw. I'm always a little weirded out by viewing corpses though, they never look like the people I knew whom occupied the bodies. And I feel weird praying or viewing them as my spiritual beliefs tell me its an empty corpse, yet I'm looking at my grandma.

I reconnected with a few of my cousins that I wish I saw more frequently. It was nice in that regard. Overall, my grandma is gone and life will return to normal, soon. May God bless you grandma. See you in heaven when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment